South Africa officially named The Republic of South Africa is one of the African countries most visited. This country is well-known for its history about the Apartheid that lasted about 50 years: it’s the main fact that everyone knows. Here are others facts about this colorful country!
1. South Africa has 11 official languages: isiZulu, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, English, Sesotho, Xitsonga, Sepedi, siSwati, Setswana, isiNdebele, Tshivenda
2. It has 3 capital cities: Cape Town, Pretoria and Bloemfontein
3. The country has 2 national symbols: Protea (a flower) and Springbok (an antelope) which is also the emblem and nicknamed of the rugby team
4. South Africa is the largest producer of meat on the entire continent.
5. Cape Town’s Table Mountain is one of the oldest mountains on earth. It's about 1,084.6 m (3 558 ft).
6. Bloukrans Bridge is the highest commercial natural bungee jump in the world, it’s about 216 meters.
7. The Palace of the Lost City is world’s largest themed resort hotel. It was established in 1992 on 25-hectare man-made botanical jungle.
8. The world’s first heart transplant was in South Africa. It was performed by Chris Barnard in December, 3, 1967 in Cape Town.
9. South Africa is the only country in the world who has voluntary abandoned its nuclear weapons program.
10. The Cape Floral Kingdom is one of the world’s six floral kingdom and the only one who is contained within a single country.
Our app has all your booking needs covered: Secure payment channels, easy 4-step booking process, and sleek user designs. What more could you ask for?