1. How do cancellations work?
- The host selects the cancellation policy. The host can choose one of three different policies: flexible, moderate, or strict. These policies are intended to protect each individual party.
- In accordance with the cancellation policies, cancellations are considered to be withdrawals before the scheduled check-in.
2. How do I cancel a booking?
- To ensure an efficient and secure process, all cancellations must go through StayPlanet.
- If you wish to cancel a booking, please contact our customer support team at StayPlanet.
- Guest cancellations must be communicated via written submission on a “StayPlanet contact us form”.
- Request to cancel must be sent from the guest’s email address registered with their StayPlanet account. Please note that the guest’s written request to cancel must include their booking code that is noted in their user profile on StayPlanet.
- Hosts must cancel their bookings through StayPlanet's cancellation page, which is available under "My Listings" page in "My Account". By cancelling though this page, an automated notification will be generated and sent to StayPlanet's customer support team.
- Please note that a cancellation is not official until after you have received a confirmation e-mail from a StayPlanet representative.
- Once our customer support team receive your cancellation request; our customer support team will immediately handle your cancellation request and inform your guest. You do not have to take any further action.
3. In the case where the host cancels, how are the reimbursement to the guest and payment to the host calculated?
- The amount refunded to the guest is dependent on when the booking is cancelled and the cancellation policy chosen by the host, or imposed by StayPlanet.
- The respective amount of the cancellation fee is shown in the booking process and visible under “My Account”. The regulations under section 8.4. regarding payment processes apply accordingly.
- Regardless of the cancellation policy chosen by the host, guests themselves are responsible for proving that the host incurs no loss or a significantly lesser loss than the cancellation fee.
Individual cancellation policies
A. Cancellation Policy: Free Cancellation
You will be refunded the total price (including the StayPlanet Service fee) if you cancel the booking at least 2 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time). For cancellations that are made less than 2 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the StayPlanet service fee.
B. Cancellation Policy: Flexible
You will be refunded the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 2 days before check-in by 12 noon CET. For cancellations that are made less than 2 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
C. Cancellation Policy: Moderate
You will be refunded the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 4 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time). For cancellations that are made less than 4 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
D. Cancellation Policy: Strict
You will be refunded half of the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 7 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time) For cancellations that are made less than 7 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
4. What happens if the host cancels?
- In order for our guests to have the best possible experience StayPlanet takes host cancellations very seriously.
- In the case of a cancellation by the host, the guest will be refunded the full price of the booking. In such cases, the guest will incur no cancellation fees.
- In addition, StayPlanet will help the guest find alternative accommodation.
- The host must pay a cancellation fee of 15% of the total price of the booking. The cancellation fee will rise to 50% of the total price if the host cancels the booking less than 8 days before check-in. If the booking had been accepted with "Instant Booking" and the booking is then cancelled within 24 hours after confirmation, the cancellation fee will be 5% of the total price of the booking.
- The cancellation fee will be deducted from the host's next booking
- The host will not receive any payment from any bookings they have cancelled.
- The listing connected to the cancelled booking will be penalized in the ratings; this could lead to less booking requests in the future.
- A one-star review will automatically be added to the “reviews section” of the listing connected to the cancelled booking.
5. Special cancellation policies
In the event of bereavement within the immediate family (mother, father, husband/wife, sister, brother, child) between seven days and 24 hours before arrival, the guest will be reimbursed the full price. The host will have no claim to payment. No cancellation fees will be incurred. For cancellations that are less than 24 hours before arriving, the guest will receive 75% and the host 25% of the total price. No cancellation fees will be incurred. Unfortunately; we ask that a death certificate be submitted as proof before any reimbursements can be made.
- Natural disasters and other unforeseeable events (force majeure)
If a natural disaster i.e. (avalanche, blizzard, cyclone, hurricane, earthquake, flood, landslide, lightning), war, terrorist attacks or nuclear accidents make it impossible for the host to meet his booking obligations (and he can prove that no alternative, similar accommodation is available) the guest will be reimbursed 100% of the total price. No cancellation fees will be incurred. This also applies if means of transportation are damaged as a result of the aforementioned and the guest is unable to reach the accommodation in some other way and can provide evidence in relation to this.
6. What if there are issues with the listing upon checking in?
- If you have serious grounds for complaint when checking in, please contact our customer support team within 24 hours. If the accommodation is not in suitable,then we will send a corresponding complaint to the host. After evaluating the evidence, if we find there are grounds for your complaint, then we will deduct the amount to be paid to the host accordingly and refund the rest to you.
- Please note that a refund is only possible if we receive your complaint within 24 hours after checking in. Your complaint should be sent to our customer support team.
- StayPlanet reserves the right to demand payment at least in the amount of the processing fee from the host.