Mexico named by its official name The United Mexican States is located in the North America. Its capital is Mexico City. Its known for its history with the Maya, The Aztec and the Toltec pepoles. In the early 1500s, the Spanish arrived in Mexico. The Aztec people got sick from smallpox and other diseases that the Spanish brought with them. The Spaniards also seized and destroyed the Aztec capital, called Tenochtilán. The Spanish ruled Mexico until 1821.
Here are some others facts that you shouldn’t know about this country!
1. Mexico has 68 official languages but Spanish is still the most spoken languages in this country.
2. Its home to 30 UNESCO World Heritage
3. The national symbol of Mexico is the golden eagles: it's also appear on the middle of the flag
4. There are 31 states in Mexico that includes Mexico City and one Federal State.
5. Mexico is one of the most bio-diverse countries on earth: there is over 700 reptile's species and more than 430 mammal species. Jaguar is mostly found in Mexico.
6. Chihuahua dog has its origin in Mexico, it’s also named for a Mexican State.
7. Mexican people don’t receive their Christmas gift on the December, 25th but on the January, 6th because it’s the day on which Mexicans celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Men.
8. The country is located in the “Ring of Fire”, one of the world earth’s most violent earthquake and volcano zone.
9. Mexico is home to the smallest volcano named Mount Taal, it stands 13 meters (43 feet).
10. Mexico has also the largest pyramid in the world, the Great Pyramid of Cholula. It has a base of 450 by 450 meters (1 480 by 1480 feet) and a height of 66 meters (217 feet).
If you have planned to go to Mexico, don't miss to visit these monuments! You can book your trip on our website: https://stayplanet.com/ and enjoy the promo code of the month for St Patrick's Day!